Monday 15 August 2011

CAPTURED one fairy in a jar.

Hi All,
Kat here, AKA Kat's craft creations blog

OK, so strictly she is a ballet dancer & not a fairy
but don't hold that against me,
in my imagination she is a ballet dancing fairy (lol)

The design team focus is still on core'dinations card stock
so here's what I came up with,


I took a clean, empty coffee jar,
(something I have in abundance,
because my husband drinks coffee,like it's going out of fashion (lol)
& taped some fantasy film to the back side of the inside of the jar
(this makes your eye focus on whats inside the jar
instead of looking through it)
I then stuck flat back gems in blue & white to it.


Next I made an acetate stand to keep my fairy in place,
(I cut a circle, made a slit in the middle,
poked an oblong piece through it & bent & taped it)
to cover this I used fantasy fibers &
star & flower flat back gems as accents.


I stamped the dancer from dance stamp A5
designed by Sioux Jenneys,
the wings & bodice are stamped in Chipped Sapphire Distress ink
& blended with Faded Jeans distress Ink 
I gave her, her skin colour with a copic marker
cut & layered her, then stuck her to her stand
& placed it all inside the jar.


For the lid I used core'dinations card stock
I cut a circle ruffly twice the size of the lid
scored lines in it on a score board,
then sanded it with Tim's sanding grip
to revile the core.
I then placed it over the lid & secured it with an elastic band
I trimmed it with Idea-ology flower trim


For the tag,
I coloured it with the direct to paper technique &
I distressed the edges with Tim's Paper Distresser
Then adhered a label I made on my computer
with all the fairy facts on it, to the tag,
I used Metal Bead Chain to attach it to the lid
& embellished it with a metal butterfly
(off an old necklace)


stamps I used,


& there you go, job done,
Hope you like it!

Have a creative day,
catch you next time,
Kat x.



9 comments:

Joanne said...

I do like it - no I don't - I LOVE it.
Hugs Joanne xx

Glennis F said...

Love it - I had in mind to do one for my granddaughter, but it's still on my to-do list!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!xx

Artyjen said...

A wonderful use of the dancer....she makes a great fairy ;) Such a thrill you used her Kat....a great project.
xoxo Sioux

Sharne Gregory said...

I know a little girl who will love this- thank you!

Dragon said...

This is so sweet and odd at the same time... but I do I do I do believe, honest!!!
Frankie
xx

Jingle said...

This is very cute!

Minxy said...

This is just beautiful, your such a creative soul Kat xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous idea, looks really beautiful.