Thursday 14 November 2013

Sneaker card - Chris Dark

Hi everyone, Chris here with you today to share my sneaker card. I often have to make cards for boys and found the Artistic Stamper Sneakers images are versatile as they can be used for quite a large range of ages.
 

 I've gone for a graffiti style of stamping and the Artistic Stamper backgrounds and border stamps are superb for this style. I used combinations of the following stamps on the kraft base card, the bottom torn and distressed watercolour layer, the bunting and top panel layers: 



Many of the stamps I used were inked partially with Distress stain which gives a nice unfinished/worn look which is great for this style, I also used permanent Archival ink and distress ink. I also added in some of my own doodled words, some Ranger Remnant rub ons, sprinkles of black embossing powder, some bright sequins, twine and a button to finish off.

8 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...fabulous eye catching card Chris, a wonderful kaleidoscope of colour...Mel:)xx

Artyjen said...

Love the graphic style...really suits that fabulous sneaker image ;)
xoxo Sioux

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love this striking brightly coloured style,

Lucy x

Redanne said...

Loving your graffiti style Chris, it really does suit those fabulous sneakers.

Sid said...

Loving your abstract, spattery look !!

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulous card - so full of life and movement and colour - wow!
Alison x

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

ooooh ! I loooove it ! this is a great card !

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Chris! Love all the splashes of color!