Saturday 4 April 2015

A Vintage Motor

Hi everyone hope you are all well!  & enjoying the Easter weekend. 
I have a vintage piece for you today. 


I started with swiping distress paint vintage photo, gathered twigs 
& walnut stain onto a craft mat and sprayed with
water from a mini mister.


I swiped my card through and paint and sprayed with the mini mister as I dried
it so the paints blended together. I sealed it all with a matt 
medium.


I inked up the Debbie Cotton car stamp Earls Automotive with 
Black onyx versafine & clear embossed it. Next I painted 
the entire card bar the car with cream acrylic paint.


I used blended distress inks in the following colours vintage photo,
walnut stain & scattered straw to colour spare card stock. 


Onto this I stamped images from the following stamps winged wheel &
 numerical plate. The numbers were stamped in 
archival ink cornflower blue.


The clock was an old one I had done previously from the 
Time & keys plate that had been covered in glossy 
accents and a curtain ring was attached.


I used ripped pages & glued them to the main image. I used two die cuts
which I stamped with the ruler stamp of the Empemera plate 
and I used this to frame the project.


I backed it all onto ripped cardboard that I had swiped walnut stain
paint. Please let me know what you think.
Cheers Dee x

Products used
  1. Distress paints Walnut Stain, Gathered Twigs & Vintage Photo
  2. Distress ink in Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain.
  3. Inks:- Black Oynx Versafine, Cornflower Blue & Black Archival.
  4. Artistic Stamper Stamps:- Debbie Cottons Earls Automotive, Numerical plate, winged wheel, ephemera & time & Keys.
  5. Rangers Glossy Accents. 






7 comments:

Margreet said...

Superb make...love it...thanks for the clear photo's!
xxx Margreet

Jackie PN said...

What a cool make Dee- love that car!xx

Pamellia said...

Completely fabulous Dee! Love your cardboard background and your wonderfully vintage elements! Amazing! hugs :)

Words and Pictures said...

A stunning masculine creation - the textures and layers are just fabulous.
Alison xx

massofhair said...

WONDERFUL as always Dee loving those techniques you have used :-) xxx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Great masculine project Dee.

Artyjen said...

Love it!
xoxo Sioux